This page is to help guide a player through the process of creating a new character in this campaign. Just follow these steps to create your character! Please note that there are some differences to the book(s), and unless specified, are the same as found in the Explorer’s Edition booklet.
For a free Quick Start .pdf, you can find one
- Race – There are two races to choose from in Ryzen’s Champions:
- Traits – Start with a d4 in each attribute, and five(5) points to distribute as the player wishes. A d6 in a trait is average for a human character. This step is exactly the same as can be found in the Quick Start linked above, and the Explorer’s Edition booklet.
- Skills – You have 15 points to distribute among your character’s . The purchasing of skills is the same as the Quick Start and Explorer’s Edition, with a few edited out for the campaign setting.
- Edges and Hindrances – By taking Hindrances, your character can start with special Edges. Hindrances are more than just a way to min/max your character, they can also give your character more personality. They are acquired the same way outlined in the Quick Start and Explorer’s Edition, with a few removed for setting-
- Hindrances unavailable are: Elderly; Lame; One Leg; Outsider (only for ); Pacifist[Major]; Young.
- Edges unavailable are: Ace; Arcane Background [Psionics], [Super Powers]; Mentalist; cannot take Arcane Background [Magic] or Wizard.
- Gear – You’ve got 500 dollars/gold/pesos/whatever (haven’t named currency yet) to get you some fancy equipment. Make sure to restrict yourself to medieval-ish stuff (no AK-47’s).
- Background – You don’t need to write up the life-story of your character thus far, but here’s some things you may want to address (these aren’t mandatory, but some ideas to get you going, and may be helpful in fleshing out your character):
- What was your character’s childhood like? Pampered? Living on the streets with no parents? Perhaps raised in one of the outlying farming villages?
- Why did your character apply for Arcanium? Were they pushed into it by parents? Trying to escape the dull life of a farmer/miner? To show off how great they are?
- Arcanium is very selective in choosing their students, and accept only the best applicants; What makes your character stand out over the rest?
- Explain some of your character’s hindrances. If they have a disfiguring scar on their face, how did they get it? Why does your character have a phobia of anything with wings?